Thursday, July 2, 2015

How to Save 6 years of clothes in 1 closet!

As I was shopping one of my bags of clothes for a 4th of July dress for the girls I thought it would be good to share this quick simple post.

Just sharing a quick idea for those of you who have more than one child.

I have 3 girls ages 4, 6, & 10. So that's why I need to pack 6 years of clothes into this closet. I save a lot of money by saving a lot of clothes! Right now my girls are in sizes 4 through 14. 2 girls share this room and their sizes are from 4 to 6, so I have their current clothes hanging and in the drawers, then in the top in bags are sizes 5, 6, 7-8, 8-10. In the other room are sizes 10-14. It's the same type of set up in both rooms...bags on the top shelf of the closet.
Every time I see something that's too small for one of the older ones,
provided it's in good condition and I think it will be ok to wear in a few years still, I stick it in the appropriately marked bag. Then when one of them is ready for a new size up, I get the bag down. They love it. I make it like shopping for the little ones! They rummage thru the bag ooh-aahing over their new outfits! Then I wash the load and get busy restocking the closet! It's simple. It's effective. It's cheap. Then I evaluate what they may need that wasn't in the bag, (a shirt to match a pair of shorts we kept, a skirt to go with a nice shirt that was in the bag, etc.),and make a little list. Then when we go shopping I know what they need and don't overspend on clothes or shoes.



































I like to use these Ziplock see thru bags..
Or these.

I used to have a box for each size, but these bags save a lot of room. If I run out of room in the closet, I can stick them under beds. I sit on them and push all the air out ;). Who needs a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out when you can just sit on it, ha!

Enjoy your Thursday! ;)

Do you save clothes for your kiddos?





Posted using BlogPress









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments! Glad you stopped by! Come again;)