Monday, June 8, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

After a busy last week at school we didn't slow down a bit! In fact, right after the crying fest on the last day, Thursday, the girls were quick to remind me that I promised to swim and get my hair wet on the first day of Summer. So that's what we did - all afternoon we swam! Then 2 of them napped a bit before we went to celebrate our friend's graduation.
Friday Pat and I got to have a day to ourselves to celebrate our anniversary. No big plans- just a nice day of eating, walking the shops at Kemah Boardwalk, and movies. MacFarland USA is a wonderful movie. I loved it and highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. It makes me miss the Mexican culture. I grew up going on mission trips to Mexico, and always loved the culture, the people, and their hearts. I know there are other places like this too. I just loved the areas we went to. The people were what we would consider poor, but they lived as if they had the world. They were happy. They didn't act sad. They loved and took care of each other. They were proud of what they did have. Every time I went when I was a kid, it made me thankful for what I had when I came back. But it also made me realize I didn't need half of the things I thought I wanted before. I almost felt ashamed for having such nice things. I am so very thankful for those experiences I got to have as a child. Wow- guess I got off of the weekend wrap up there! Ha! So anywho.
Saturday we spent the day at my aunt & uncle's house for the annual crawfish boil. They always throw a great party, full of fun!
The kids waterslide all day! They finish up, wiped out and ready to conk out!





















I picked up this bike on the way- Varage Sale find- $15. Can't beat that to make a little 4 year old's day!) I talked about here if you don't know what it is. It's an online garage sale!

We're off to a great start- The Summer Fun has just begun!


Posted using BlogPress




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments! Glad you stopped by! Come again;)